[OSM-talk] Choice of GPS for bicycle use in London

Erik Johansson erjohan at gmail.com
Mon May 22 12:29:44 BST 2006

On 5/22/06, Christian van den Bosch <cjb at cjb.ie> wrote:
> Emil Vaughan wrote:
> > Would a "usb mouse" type gps receiver
> > connected to my zaurus be a more accurate than a geko? And would it
> > work ok under linux?
>
> I haven't tested it yet, but I believe that a Sirf Star III should be
> /much/ more accurate than a Garmin log (because it won't lie,

Actually I'm not so sure if  my GPS puck^W mouse is lying. It has just
happend once:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit.html?lat=59.33833563680978&lon=18.08679437637329&zoom=16

There you have a diagonal line that starts between "Kommendörsgatan"
and "Karlavägen", and then drifts up north east. The only explanations
I have is that it's extrapolating.

This is done with a sirf III and a sirf II the sirf II just lost it's
GPS lock. And the SIRF III PDOP is at 50 during that line.

/emj