[OSM-talk] Java and freedom

Tue May 23 10:43:16 BST 2006

Steve wrote:

> Keynote and Pages run off of the same engine almost. They're almost
> identical in many ways (which makes sense).

Pages really reminded me of the old OS7-vintage MacWrite Pro, which is
still my all-time favourite Mac app, or word-processor on any platform.

>> Yeah, though I think it was a beta (0.3b2?) rather than the final 0.3
>> release. ISTR the Ming-Ruby extension would build, but it couldn't find
>> the Ming library.
>
> ok 0.3.0 compiled and installed cleanly. anything else I should do?

Wow! Thanks.

You could test that Ming-Ruby talks to it ok (or I will this evening).
Then just stand by for a virtual pint arriving in your PayPal inbox.

cheers
Richard