[OSM-talk] paper plots

Lars Aronsson lars at aronsson.se
Wed May 24 16:51:56 BST 2006

Close to me, there are no more completely white areas that need to
be mapped on OSM.  In some areas, however, only the major roads
have been covered and I need to go back there and fill in the
smaller roads.  I want to avoid the roads that are already done.

It would be extremely handy to download all of OSM to a handheld
unit (PDA, GPS receiver, StreetPilot), but lacking that I could
use a way to generate a PDF (or PostScript) file for printing in
300 dpi on an A4/legal size paper.  That is 2000x3000 pixels.

Has anybody done this?  I guess I could use gnuplot and the static
database dump for rapid prototyping.  It doesn't need to be fast.

--
  Lars Aronsson (lars at aronsson.se)