[OSM-talk] SVG output

Steve Chilton S.L.Chilton at mdx.ac.uk
Fri May 26 12:32:31 BST 2006

I have just got osmarender working (msxml version) and figured out have
to download data from OSM to JOSM to osmarender and produce output.
Couple of questions:
Can anyone point me to a better SVG viewer than Adode through IE, which
is really inflexible?
Can anyone suggest a SVG to PNG route? I have tried all applications I
have to open and save as.. PNG but none work - Ghost Script Viewer,
Image Forge, Corel Photopaint, Fireworks.
Can anyone tell me how I would upload resulting PNG file to wiki page on
London in Community Portal? I can see how to edit the page but not to
get the file in place. I want to put an SVG/PNG file there to show
progress in Barnet and Enfield areas (much to do mind!) of North London.
Finally I would endorse the view that SVG rendering on the fly should be
a priority for someone to develop.

Cheers
STEVE

Steve Chilton, Learning Support Fellow
Learning and Technical Support Unit Manager
School of Health and Social Sciences
Middlesex University
phone/fax: 020 8411 5355
email: steve8 at mdx.ac.uk

Big Shave for Wateraid - after PICTURE at:
http://www.mdx.ac.uk/www/gem/bigshave.htm