[OSM-talk] SVG output

Etienne 80n80n at gmail.com
Fri May 26 12:58:40 BST 2006

Steve
Well done on pulling together all the bits to make osmarender work.  I
agree it all needs to be automated so that can be done on the fly....

To make a PNG I usually use The GIMP (Windows version) which can read
SVG files.  However I find that its just as easy to take a screen shot
(Alt+PrtSc) from Adobe in IE and paste that into the GIMP and then
Save As .png.

A couple of clues might help with using the Adobe viewer in IE.  First
Alt+Click allows you to pan the image, Second  Ctrl+Click will zoom
in, and thirdly Shift+Ctrl+Click will zoom out.  None of these are
very obvious and you don't get much mileage from the viewer until you
figure these out.

To upload an image to the wiki you need to use Upload File option in
the toolbox which is below the navigation panel on the left hand side
of every page.

Etienne