[OSM-talk] Wikipedia article on Free Geodata?

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Fri May 26 20:04:42 BST 2006

On Fri, May 26, 2006 at 07:29:43PM +0100, Oliver White wrote:
> Is there any Wikipedia article on Free Geodata? (c.f. their page on Free
> Software)

There's a good one on the German wikipedia:
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rechte_an_Geoinformationen
("rights to geodata"?)

On the English one there are a couple of disconnected stubs, the
latter addresses openess/freedom but not very much.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geodata
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geographic_data
Candidates for a merge? I am no wikipedian.

(This is all from a thread on the OSGeo geodata list when Markus found
the German page, which is realyl detailed. Making better wiikipedia
edits never really got followed up on; there'd be quite a lot of
contributors if one could frame the question properly, I think.
There's also a long linkdump here:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Public_Geospatial_Data_Project#References
)

jo