[OSM-talk] Problems with Event_logger on TomTom GO 300?

Simon Proven simon at simonproven.co.uk
Mon May 29 19:31:22 BST 2006

Hello,

I've been trying out the event logger for TomTom.
(http://web.tiscali.it/macri/Event_Logger/).  However, I think that it
is recording snap-to-road data as when I look at the output and I've
walked between two nearby roads, the points in the GPX file generated
are only on the road.  This is rather unfortunate as otherwise it would
seem to make a useful logger.

If anyone's using traces from this set-up they will be breaking
copyright.  Does anyone know if it's possible to switch off the
snap-to-road within TomTom's sw?  It's not on any of the standard
preferences.

Simon