[OSM-talk] Residential areas

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 12:48:59 GMT 2006

On 11/3/06, David Earl <david at frankieandshadow.com> wrote:

> The problem is abutters on *segments*, yes?

As far as I'm concerned, abutters on *ways* is just as bad. The landuse
adjacent to a way should not be a property of the way; it should be marked
with a landuse area. See the previous email as to why I consider
landuse=residential and highway=residential to be separate and not imply
anything about one another.

However, someone may at some point propose pavements=left|right|both, which
is about the limit of things-that-aren't-streets that I would be happy to
see marked as a property of the street itself.