[OSM-talk] Decision for slippy map

80n 80n80n at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 13:35:12 GMT 2006

The new slippy map looks so damn good that I'm not surprised that people
outside the UK are keen to see their work on the map as well.

It is really great to be able to see how much has been done in the UK - much
more than was easy to see with the old map.  But even though I'm from the
UK, I'm equally eager to see what else has been done around the world.

We do need to realise that this is literally a global project and should
embrace and encourage contributions from everywhere.  Our continued focus on
the UK is great for us, but not so great for the other 99.08% of the world's
population.

Leaving aside the slippy map, which I'm sure will be global as soon as it
possibly can be, I'd be in favour of holding the planned State of the Map
conference somewhere other than the UK.  To do that however, we would need a
willing local organiser.  Any volunteers or suggestions for a non-UK venue?

80n