[OSM-talk] Decision for slippy map

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Wed Nov 22 20:28:00 GMT 2006

[80n]
> Leaving aside the slippy map, which I'm sure will be global as soon
> as it possibly can be, I'd be in favour of holding the planned State
> of the Map conference somewhere other than the UK.  To do that
> however, we would need a willing local organiser.  Any volunteers or
> suggestions for a non-UK venue?

It would probably be possible to get something organized here in
Norway.  I suspect I would be able to get some help from the local
unix and linux user groups, as well as the electronic map group in the
local area. :)

I've had intentions to organize a mapping event in Oslo for a long
time, but haven't been able to give it priority so far.  Anyone else
on this list from Oslo and Norway?

Friendly,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen