[OSM-talk] [Fwd: Re: Newbie - queries and usability suggestions]

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 11:05:14 GMT 2006

On 11/23/06, Lars Aronsson <lars at aronsson.se> wrote:

> > The lack of something to look at in Sweden is regrettable but
> > its not like this is the end of the world.
>
> No, but it feels like the end of trying to promote OSM in Sweden.

I really think you've got the wrong end of the stick. At no point has anyone
said that the new slippy won't have as good coverage over your house as over
mine. It's already been rendered at some zoom levels - but SteveC is
changing the code so quickly, and going back to re-render parts, fill in the
missing bits and so on that it's turning into a complete mess! Pick anywhere
in Europe, UK includedsince and zoom in and out, and you'll see some layers
from the first day, some from last week, and some rendered in the last few
days.

But I don't mind, since I can see where it's all going, and I'm happy to
wait and keep mapping stuff. Don't get so despondent so easily!