[OSM-talk] OT: gpsbabel frontend

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 13:11:41 GMT 2006

On 11/24/06, Andy Armstrong <andy at hexten.net> wrote:

> On 24 Nov 2006, at 09:42, David Earl wrote:
> > Given this exists, I'm not sure it's worth the effort to do this
> > natively in
> > JOSM.
>
> It appears to be Windows only.

..and not Free/OpenSource software, and with a EULA that is impossible to
follow:

"The author grants a non-exclusive license to use the program, free of
charge, if the user: [...] does not practice polluting activities;  "

I'm not sure how to use a computer without it having caused pollution during
the manufacturing, or even whether using Public Transport counts as
polluting 8-)

Actually, let me post the interesting bit in full, it's quite funny:

"The author grants a non-exclusive license to use the program, free of
charge, if the user:

- Does not use the program for illegal purposes;
- does not practice activities that destroy or degrade the environment;
- does not practice polluting activities;
- does not throw trash on the ground or through the car's windows;
- when going to the beach and creeks takes his trash back until finding a
trash collector;
- does not practice any activities that hurt animals, like hunting,
out-of-season fishing, pigeon shooting, dog fighting, etc.;
- does not buy wild animals that, by law, may not be taken out of their
natural environment;
- has an ecological conscience and protects nature.

People that for any reason do not fit the conditions above, are expressly
forbidden to use the program."