[OSM-talk] OT: gpsbabel frontend

Michael Strecke MStrecke at gmx.de
Mon Nov 27 22:08:58 GMT 2006

Andy Allan wrote:
> On 11/24/06, *Christoph Eckert* <ce at christeck.de <mailto:ce at christeck.de>> wrote:
>
>     I wonder if gpsbabel was used by some people on this list (I guess,
>     surely you do :) . A small survey: Do you use it? On which machine? Do
>     you use a frontend? Which one? Are you missing something in it? Is it
>     to complicated, or does it lack flexibility?

I'm using gpsbabel on a Ubuntu (edgy) Linux laptop to download data from
a Garmin GPS device.

I wrote a small python script that calls gpsbabel with a unique output
filename (mostly based on the current date).

For me, a graphical interface is of no use. Once I had figured out which
options to use, it's the same command over and over again.

Mike