[OSM-talk] Route/flight tag

bvh bvh-osm at irule.be
Tue Nov 28 09:44:04 GMT 2006

On Tue, Nov 28, 2006 at 01:18:34AM +0000, Paul Youlten wrote:
> Just by chance I am flying from London Gatwick to Alicante (Spain)
> tomorrow evening and was thinking of tracking the flight (2hrs 15 mins)
> with my GPS receiver. I will try to get a window seat and put my
> receiver against it - maybe cover the LEDs with tape (don't want to
> worry the flight crew)... Has anyone else tried this? hints? tips?

Not sure how much this is worth it. Due to circumstances, flights
on the same route can differ substantially. What would be more
valuable is information about corridors, no fly zones
etc... But these have to come from official maps and I am not
sure what the copyright status of those would be?

cu bart