[OSM-talk] Route/flight tag

Nick Black nickblack1 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 09:43:22 GMT 2006

Its really worth it.  Its cool trying to guess how fast you are
going/accelerating/decellerating.  Especially when you are on a Ryan
Air flight where beer costs £3.50 for a little can.  You can see the
difference between the time in a flight when you get  a weird feeling
in you stomach from the plane turning and forcing you downwards and
the similar times when the plane ascends or descends.

It also really worries the flight crew.  On a ryan air flight from
Spain to the UK last summer  they asked me to turn mine off.  I asked
why, and they said it could "interfere with aircraft systems".  I
explained that it was a receiver, not a transmitter and was unlikely
to interfere with anything, but they werent having any of it and in
the light of the ultra paranoid lunacy that we live in, I decided to
turn it off.

I dont think its worth uploading the traces to OSM though - it'll just
confuse things.

Nick