[OSM-talk] Route/flight tag

Bruce Cowan bruce.cowan at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Nov 28 17:17:40 GMT 2006

On Tue, 2006-11-28 at 17:04 +0000, Nick Black wrote:
> In what other circumstances would
> it be useful to know where a trace had come from?

As I said earlier, I thought it might be useful to see if a track was a
railway, as somebody might be confused as to what the trace is of
without seeing the OSM data of the railway itself.

There are two reservoirs near where I live, and I could find out their
bounds by tracking a walk around the edge of them.  How would somebody
else know that log is for that purpose without looking at the OSM data
itself?
--
Bruce Cowan <bruce.cowan at dsl.pipex.com>