[OSM-talk] Delete gpx points in JOSM

Dave osm.list at randomjunk.co.uk
Thu Nov 30 10:01:58 GMT 2006

> Can I delete gpx points once loaded before converting them to data
> points?  Some of the roads I travel are already in the db and it seems
> pointless to merge all of my trace.  I tried dragging a box around them
> but it does not seem to select gpx points.

I don't think there's any way to do this at the moment once a trace is
uploaded, but if you're just loading from a file, you can cut it up based on
time using gpsbabel. There's nothing in JOSM for selecting or altering GPX
as far as I know.

I find it far better to keep the whole gpx trace though... you'll get a nice
average with the rest of the traces for that road. You can then just ignore
areas where the roads already exist, or adjust them to better fit the
average trace.