[OSM-talk] Delete gpx points in JOSM

Thu Nov 30 11:48:04 GMT 2006

Simon Hewison wrote:

> At present the
> trackpoints in the database are merely points, not the full traces with
> context, which is important for doing this sort of thing.

The trackpoints in the database can theoretically be used as traces
rather than just individual points; all you'd need would be an 'ORDER
BY gpx_id,timestamp'.

Personally I've found the 'trace over GPS tracks' theory of OSM to be
one of the hardest things to get used to. Whenever I draw GPS-derived
maps in Illustrator I work straight from the track, splitting, merging
and colouring when appropriate. But then, Illustrator does have a
really smashing Simplify Path function to make these things easy.

cheers
Richard