[OSM-talk] JOSM suggestions

Thomas Walraet thomas at walraet.com
Thu Nov 30 12:51:17 GMT 2006

David Earl a écrit :

> I would love to see a tool (with it's own button and shortcut key) which
> does the following (they are unabiguous, and avoid a lot of tool changing
> and repetetive selection)

I begun yesterday a plugin to add/try some ways manipulation tools. Some
of the thing you suggest are on my todo...

The first thing it will do (hope to finish it this evening) is to create
ways from segments which are
1) selected
2) not part of a way
3) contiguous
4) in the same direction

The goal is to easily add to the Mapnik renderers whole cities that
currently have mostly segments without ways.

> (1) The lack of a Way splitting tool.

Do you have a UI suggestion ?
I think I will try to do it by requesting the selection of a way and a node.

> (2) a cleanup tool (we've discussed the priciples behind this before):
> (a) split all Ways which have branches into individual ways with the same
> properties

Should be easy to do with my current code. Just add to start from a way
instead of selected segments, and preserve properties.

> (c) for non oneway Ways, order the segments so the end point is to the east
> of the start point

If someone implement this, he had to be careful about what is oneway.
Most people don't tag roundabout and dual-carriage as oneway, but those
segment should not be reversed.

> (3) a method to select all Ways which don't have names

And those without tag at all !

According http://josm.eigenheimstrasse.de/wiki/Plugins , Jörg Ostertag
is writing a plugin to do this.