[OSM-talk] wikiproject rail?

David Sheldon dave at earth.li
Tue Oct 3 15:30:01 BST 2006

On Tue, Oct 03, 2006 at 03:11:38PM +0100, Nick Burch wrote:
> > Once geographic data is collected
>
> We'd also need to think how best to store the bus routes, if we'd store
> the locations of bus stops etc.

I would argue that this isn't the sort of data that should be in the OSM
database. It would be a cool project for someone to set up a mashup
using OSM data and their own DB of the routes, maybe even using OSM data
and tools for it, but I'm not convinced that it should be in our
database (that isn't really designed for this sort of thing) bloating
our dumps.

David

--
 If you have an apple, and I have an apple, and we exchange apples, then you
 and I will each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea