[OSM-talk] osmabrowser -- test now on other browsers?

Nick Whitelegg nick at hogweed.org
Fri Oct 6 00:23:15 BST 2006

I *may* have corrected what was causing problems with osmabrowser on browsers
other than Firefox 1.5. Namely, the mime type wasn't set correctly - for SVG
it should be image/svg+xml, not text/xml.

I can test on IE tomorrow but would appreciate tests on other browsers e.g.
Konqueror (still doesn't work on 3.3.4 but I'm guessing that's because SVG
was only supported with more recent versions)

The general architecture of osmabrowser is, by the way:

- an html page with an embedded SVG object using the <object> tag
- the embedded SVG object is essentially the osm-map-features.xml file with
some PHP to set the mime type (see above) and grab OSM XML within the
requested bounding box from the OSM server.

Thanks,
Nick