[OSM-talk] OSM at Home (map tiles)

OJW streetmap at blibbleblobble.co.uk
Sat Oct 7 11:20:45 BST 2006

On Saturday 07 October 2006 11:02, SteveC wrote:
> Awsome
>
> now if only this did map tiles....

Could be modified to render lat/long squares (just use a grid instead of the
city database).  I'll put my PHP code onto SVN later if someone wants to try
that on their own server.

How accurate are the edges of osmarendered images?  If I download data from
latitude 50.1 to 50.2 and render it (using inkscape with the -D option to do
the entire drawing), is the bottom of the image guaranteed to represent 50.1N
exactly or is there overlap?

Regards,

OJW

p.s. thanks to gagravarr, who's been testing the client and managed to render
251 maps last night:

http://almien.co.uk/OSM/Places/?action=stats