[OSM-talk] Geo-rectifying

David Sheldon dave at earth.li
Mon Oct 9 10:40:51 BST 2006

On Mon, Oct 09, 2006 at 10:29:33AM +0100, Richard Fairhurst wrote:
> Steve Chilton wrote:
>
> > Anyone who is (or is thinking of) working on rectifying out of copyright
> > maps might want to look at a posting on Cartography blog:
> > http://ccablog.blogspot.com/
>
> Coincidentally I got a heads-up from Schuyler about that approximately
> two hours after David S and co completed work on georeferencing the
> New Popular Edition (more to follow on that, no doubt). Great minds
> etc...

I has looked at that whilst we were working on it. It was really slow
for working with large images, and as far as I could tell would have
required a lot of manual converting between OSGB and lat/lon. Our
georeferencing isn't perfect though, and some of the techniques used on
that site could probably be used to improve our work.

There should be an announcement about our work sometime in the next 2
weeks, the Oxford Beer festival is this Thursday to Saturday so will be
delaying work on it.

David
--
And it should be the law: If you use the word `paradigm' without knowing
what the dictionary says it means, you go to jail.  No exceptions.