[OSM-talk] out of copyright maps

Mon Oct 9 15:26:03 BST 2006

Hi Nick,

> [New Popular Edition]
> Do you mean that they are available now?

They've all been rectified thanks to the sterling work of David and
friends. Not _quite_ in the open air yet, but David's earlier posting
suggested an announcement in the next fortnight or so.

> I'd be interested in this for Freemap, i.e. take anything with
> highway=footway|bridleway|cycleway from OSM and overlay on the out of
> copyright maps - what would be needed to set it up?

Essentially all it'll need is:

a) ability to project OSGB rather than lat/long (am I right in
thinking Freemap does this already?)
b) ability to use 1km x 1km background tiles, numbered logically
c) and the tiles themselves!

cheers
Richard