[OSM-talk] Fwd: Getting postal workers to do the leg (wheel) work

Jack Challen jackchallen at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 11:17:54 BST 2006

Arghh... direct reply  rather than to the list... sorry.

On 13/10/06, Joerg Ostertag (OSM Munich/Germany)
<openstreetmap at ostertag.name> wrote:
>  - do we have to ask his employer if he accepts to have all
>    the routes published his employee are taking.

Good point.
I don't have an immediate solution for that; my gut feeling is it'd be
no more company property than getting the postman to jot down his
route, or perhaps following him on his morning rounds...

>  - And one more question about privacy concerns of his clients.
>    Do we have to ask all clients if they want to have published when
>    and where they received a parcle?

Well, you could remove the date and time from the traces, and wait a
month or so..... It's just where the van's been, after all.