[OSM-talk] Bridges

Tom Chance tom at acrewoods.net
Sat Oct 14 18:03:49 BST 2006

Ahoy,

On Saturday 14 October 2006 17:41, David Earl wrote:
> Why is highway=bridge a property of a node not a linear segment which
> covers the extent of the bridge (on a segment, like abutters, so it doesn't
> mean breaking up a way)? Railway bridges are linear but road bridges
> aren't.

So far as I understand it, highway=bridge is for when a node is a bridge (not
sure when that would be), and bridge=yes is for when a segment is a bridge.
This is so you don't get two values for highway (bridge and primary, for
example). That's just my guess, anyway.

Regards,
Tom

--
The struggle against power is the struggle of memory against forgetting
 - Kundera