[OSM-talk] Osmarender - my data not rendering

Christoph Eckert ce at christeck.de
Sun Oct 15 14:00:14 BST 2006

> I'm almost certain you are correct, only by way of me not knowing
> what a way is. I'll follow your directions and try again.

a way is a single or (most often) a collection of segments. If I read
your data right, you already have learned how to create segments,
right?
Now hold the shift key and select all segments which belong to a way.
Then press w (makes a way from the segments) and add the tags (like
highway=residential and name=Main Street). Then choose the selection
tool, click into empty space to deselect the created way and proceed
with the next segments. Finally upload your data and save it as
data.osm to your hard drive to create the map.svg. Now enjoy the work
you have done :) .

Cheers,

ce