[OSM-talk] Mapping with no GPS data

Barnett, Phillip Phillip.Barnett at itn.co.uk
Tue Oct 17 14:07:25 BST 2006

I believe the traditional method of indicating unmapped territory is to
use the text value "Here be dragons" ....

Phillip

David said:

I think there's more needed than this to indicate the coverage. I'd like
to indicate that a road leads off into the distance but isn't mapped at
all yet (in contrast to a dead end), and that I've surveyed an area but
there is a patch missing, or that I've surveyed an area but only to the
level of streets, not footpaths, and that this is the edge of my known
universe. I've put a few proposals to this effect on the map features
proposals page last week.
Please Note:

or entity to which they are addressed.
If you have received this email in error, please notify postmaster at itn.co.uk