[OSM-talk] "created_by='JOSM'"

Thomas Walraet thomas at walraet.com
Wed Oct 18 13:08:48 BST 2006

Tom Carden a écrit :

> I think it's useful.  Not for debugging any more (JOSM being more
> proven than the applet, and our new source of de facto best practice),
> but certainly for stats.  Maybe we could get that from HTTP logs or
> something (can we put JOSM in the user agent header perhaps?).

Even if we keep the created-by tag, it could be a good thing that OSM
editors use the user-agent HTTP header (with version number)

It will make them appears on Apache stats, and if an editor build has a
know problem very inconvenient we will be able to easily block it if
some users haven't upgraded.