[OSM-talk] Rutland boundary

Andy Robinson Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Oct 19 16:51:51 BST 2006

I've added the Rutland boundary as a single annotated and enclosed way based
on Richards out-of-copyright New Pop OS map. After import I found that I
needed to adjust the position more that just the amount of landsat error,
which was odd. So either GPSUtility (used to create a track of the boundary)
didn't get the calibration points right or some other odd error. Anyway,
sliding the feature over the landsat background in JOSM I find the shape is
a pretty good fit so I'm planning to keep it there for now till I can adjust
the path it takes a bit. For instance we can see all the bends in the river
it follows on the south eastern boundary which will be more accurate than
the old OS map. Other adjustments can bee seen where landuse colour changes
in the landsat.

So for now, please nobody edit any of the boundary data till I'm done. Once
I am done I'll displace the whole way by the 50m or so I think it will need
to move to correctly align with our gps tracks and map data.

The boundary was altered to the east side of the A1 near Stamford when the
last boundary change was made, so the alignment there will be adjusted to
reflect that but may not be accurate. We have a marker from someone for the
southern point where the boundary crosses the A1 so we should not be too far
off the plot.

Cheers

Andy

Andy Robinson