[OSM-talk] Uploading of nodes and segments

Joerg Ostertag (OSM Munich/Germany) openstreetmap at ostertag.name
Sat Oct 21 22:48:02 BST 2006

On Saturday 21 October 2006 23:02, Martin Molnar wrote:
> Hello,
> i am working on a software project for my school, which requires uploading
> a great ammount of data about Czech Republic to OSM. These data are
> originally from a road database and there are only inter-city roads. There
> are about 20000 nodes and 35000 segments. These data are in ESRI shapefile
> format, but i am able to convert them into other formats. I have a script
> that is able to convert them to OSM XML format, but i dont know how to
> assign the ID to nodes and segments, as they all will be new to OSM.
>
> Now my question is, what would be the best way to upload these data to OSM.
>
> I will have to create a script that i can show to my project leader. Later
> i will create a program that will be able to search ways between cities
> that depends on OSM data from Czech Republic. But first i need some data
> about CR uploaded.

First think you really should check is the licence of your source data. Is it
compatible with the OSM-Licence. This is very important !!

Second: I would use negative node ID's and write a .osm file to your local
disk. Then load this File into josm and use josm to upload your data. You can
have a look at osmfilter. There i convert track data into osm data. Then I
load it into josm and upload it from there.

-
Joerg