[OSM-talk] NaviGPS

Joerg Ostertag (OSM Munich/Germany) openstreetmap at ostertag.name
Sun Oct 22 21:46:48 BST 2006

On Sunday 22 October 2006 22:00, Thomas Walraet wrote:
> Dave a écrit :
> > what SD card did you get working?
>
> I have two SD card.
>
> Working : Panasonic 16MB
> Non working : Corsair 1GB
>
> I don't have any information about voltage required by those cards. The
> Panasonic is labelled "Made in Japan". For the Corsair, I just remember
> that it was sold as a "high performance SD".

You can try this: Find your device where the card shows up; be really shure it
is /dev/sdxx, and only then try
  dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdxx
to really blank the card, then format it with the NaviGPS and see if this
helps.

And:
Write to the people where you got the Device from, so they know this is a
serious Bug. And ask them how to get a SD-card which is working for the
NaviGPS.

Joerg