[OSM-talk] ANNOUNCE: talk-gb

Barnett, Phillip Phillip.Barnett at itn.co.uk
Tue Oct 24 12:09:10 BST 2006

The letters 'gb' are in fact the ISO country code for 'United Kingdom'
(of Great Britain and Northern Ireland) weirdly enough, not for 'Great
Britain'
http://www.iso.org/iso/en/prods-services/iso3166ma/02iso-3166-code-lists
/list-en1.html#sz

So talk-gb actually is correct, and will include Northern Ireland, as
I'm sure SteveC knew when he set it up.
It does still exclude the Isle of Man though, which has its own ISO
designation, of 'im'

Phillip