[OSM-talk] GPX tracing from New Popular Edition Maps

Nick Burch openstreetmap at gagravarr.org
Fri Oct 27 12:29:32 BST 2006

On Fri, 27 Oct 2006, Etienne wrote:
> Why does it say you need to calibrate 4 times - is it averaging the
> error for the four points?

Yes. I've had best results when I calibrate on all 4 4-way grid square
joins

> You've tried to make the calibrate instructions clear:

Right, I've tweaked the instructions. People seem to be getting confused.
It's where four grid squares meet, of which there are 4 points. Feel free
to suggest better wording.

(We're correcting for where an OS grid square doesn't quite fit into one
tile)

> Is there some way of resetting the calibration if you misclick in the
> wrong place?  What happens if I calibrate twice near the same tile
> corner?

Reload the page, it'll clear the calibration...

Nick