[OSM-talk] GPS scribble in JOSM

Jon Burgess jburgess at uklinux.net
Tue Sep 5 01:13:36 BST 2006

On Tue, 2006-09-05 at 00:30 +0100, Ed Davies wrote:

> Did you try first converting the NMEA logs to GPX files then
> concatenating them?  Haven't tried it but I suspect that'll
> keep them as separate track segments.

The resulting GPX file did list them as separate tracks (<trk>). I have
just reloaded one of these files into JOSM again and works correctly
without drawing extra lines. I must have been misled by one of my
previous attempts which had simply cat'd the NMEA files together (and
failed).

For reference, to generate these multi-track GPX files I did:

$ gpsbabel -i nmea -f file1.nmea -f file2.nmea ... -o gpx -F all.gpx

	Jon