[OSM-talk] Mapping Reading, some impressions

Robert Scott lists at riscott.ukfsn.org
Tue Sep 5 01:31:58 BST 2006

On Monday 04 September 2006 23:14, Tom Chance wrote:
> JOSM - dialogues have a habit of collapsing into titlebars,

I've always thought this is something to do with the way java & its toolkit
(SWT? Swing?) handles the modal dialogs that JOSM uses. Which might not be
totally ICCCM compliant, or it's sending wierd EWMHs, causing kwin to decide
to 'shade' the window sometimes. The reason I think this is that in my fvwm
setup, the modal dialogs can tend to act strangely too. Most of the time it's
not giving focus back to the main window after hitting return. Contrary to
the rules of my (long & bizarre) fvwm config.

robert.