[OSM-talk] GPS Units for the Foundation

Robert Scott lists at riscott.ukfsn.org
Tue Sep 5 15:56:12 BST 2006

On Tuesday 05 September 2006 15:43, SteveC wrote:
> But there are two versions of the yellow etrex both with the same shell.
> One of them goes up to 2.14 (IIRC) doesnt do EGNOS and wont record
> per-second. The other (3.20 IIRC) does both.

Should I infer from this that all geko 201s do EGNOS?

> If anything, I've found the geko better than the navi for reception so
> far.

Odd. I know I can get good reception with the eTrex perfectly horizontal on
handlebars, but if I just leave it kicking around my bag the results can be
quite unreliable. On the other hand, on the Reading weekend, Tom would just
put the NaviGPS in his pocket (!) and still get good results.

robert.

(oops - resent to list)