[OSM-talk] Retail, Commercial & Industrial

Collinson Mike mike at ayeltd.biz
Thu Sep 7 02:19:27 BST 2006

The definitions would be the same as 'abutters' tag I think? I
thought I found a detailed description on the wiki but can't find it
again.  I had to read that carefully, in my case my initial mistake
was to think of commercial as being factories and warehouses
'industrial'.  I'd definitely think of out-of-town shopping complexes
as 'retail'.  I'd also mentally put the word 'predominantly' into all
the descriptions so a business park with a few industrial buildings
would still be 'commercial'.

residential = people live here
retail = I can buy stuff here
commercial = offices, including business parks
industrial = people store or hit things with hammers here

Mike
Oz