[OSM-talk] uploading gpx files. how to?

Tom Chance tom at acrewoods.net
Sun Sep 10 18:20:06 BST 2006

Ahoy,

On Sunday 10 September 2006 18:11, Stephan Schildberg wrote:
> I want to upload raw gpx files. As I found you guys not too much verbose
> about the details doing this I tell you what I do to achieve this.
>
> 1. I load the file into JOSM
> 2. I change it to to data layer (German Version says Daten-Ebene) I get
> red dots on the window with blue lines between them.
> 3. I click on the "upload to OSM" button.
> 4. it starts uploading, from time to time it stops and it tells me
> "parsing error occured"
> 5. persistently I press the button "upload to OSM" again, repeating this
> until all data appears to be uploaded.
>
> Would you please comment this for me?

JOSM doesn't, so far as I know, upload raw GPS data. I do it via the web site.
Login, then go to the "traces" tab and upload them there.

By the way, where did you look to find out how to do this? It would be good to
change the web site to make this clearer, to help others who get stuck like
you did.

Kind regards,
Tom

--
The task of critique is not to denounce the ideals, but to show their
transformation into ideologies, and to challenge the ideology in the