[OSM-talk] Map Feature default |was: Re: Annotation presets]

Thomas Walraet thomas at walraet.com
Tue Sep 12 21:14:17 BST 2006

Nick Whitelegg a écrit :

> What would be good though is for the user to be able to select a type of way
> (e.g. "public footpath") and be able to map that to a whole *set* of tags,
> so that selecting "public footpath" instantly tags the way with both foot=yes
> and highway=footway.

Is that just an example or do you really add foot=yes to your footway ?

Is it because you assume that "no" is the default value ?

it's seems so obvious that a footway is accessible by foot...
Can't we agree on default things for each "highway" value ? So you had
to add tags only when default is not ok.

For example :
highway=footway imply foot=yes, cycle=no, car=no
highway=cycleway imply foot=no, cycle=yes, car=no
highway=secondary imply foot=no, cycle=yes, car=yes
highway=primary imply foot=no, cycle=yes, car=yes
highway=motorway imply foot=no, cycle=no, car=yes