[OSM-talk] Help needed

Mario Alberto Cozzuol mario.cozzuol at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 14:52:49 BST 2006

Hi all,
I just enter the list looking for some help.
In the OSM project practically there are no maps for South America,
particularly from Brazil.
There is a great project providing excellent maps for Brazil, called
Tracksource (www.tracksource.org.br) but they only produce maps in
Garmin Mapsource (.img) and GPSTrackmaker (www.gpstm.com) (.map)
formats.
The maps are under GPL, so freely distributable, but developers had no
time to make the work necessary to "translate" to OSM format.
I will like to do it, at least at level of my capacity and free time,
but I cannot found how to make the conversion to a format readable by
JOSM, for example.
Some one know how to do it? I guess that some "translator" should exist,
but I was not able to find it. GPSBabel does not help, as Gdal.

Thanks for the attention!

Mario