[OSM-talk] open data

Wollschaf mith at uni.de
Thu Sep 21 13:19:31 BST 2006

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 11:50:34 +0100, Richard Fairhurst wrote:

> I'm thinking aloud here, but would CC-BY let us "name and shame"?

Aah. Good one. A far better method than pieces of paper written by lawyers
imposing restrictions. :)

As CC-SA clearly imposes too many restrictions, I hereby agree to publish
my data under CC-BY.

Attribution could mean that an OSM logo has to be clearly visible near the
map, and that a special version of this logo exists that indicates a
donation has been made. This might get even smaller companies than
google or yahoo to donate something.

We'd need
- One generic OSM logo
- One OSM logo that displays a donation has been made (perhaps even the
amount, silver and gold logo)
- One OSM logo that can be used by mappers that contributed data.

Adding the logo to the map could be obligatory... a good logo in slightly
different styles and sizes - but always clearly recognizable needs to be
made.

Wollschaf