[OSM-talk] Batteries for GPS units

Nick Hill nick at nickhill.co.uk
Thu Sep 21 21:47:28 BST 2006

I would like to recommend for the Geko:
http://www.batterylogic.co.uk/Uniross-900mAh-AAA-rechargeable-battery-RB102267a.asp
In my tests, these give the longest working time. This is important in
the Geko, as it hammers batteries.

I also recommend the following charger:
http://www.batterylogic.co.uk/technoline/technoline-i-charger.asp
Which provides a means to properly verify and test battery life and
refresh batteries. It also uses an intelligent end-of-charge detection
system to prevent overcharging.