[OSM-talk] Front page design

Tom Higgy higgy at bandnet.org
Fri Sep 22 00:26:51 BST 2006

Christoph Eckert wrote:
>> Works best in Firefox at the moment. Doesn't look too bad in IE but
>> I'll use background images to do the rounded corners, I think.
>

> looks pleasant, even in Safari. Konqueror/KDE 3.4 has some problems,
> though the rendering engine is the same as in Safari:
> http://christeck.de/stuff/OSMindex.png
>

> ce

Cool, cheers.

Could you check again in Konquerer? I've added an explicit height so
(hopefully) it'll fix the footer coming too high up.

Just a few slight modifications as suggested by Richard, mainly
lightening the boxes and changing the font (I have a habit of using
tahoma :) and the suggestions from Wollschaf. I don't actually like the
centered text box but I'll see what other people think.

http://higgy.bandnet.org/openstreetmap/draft-index2.html

I need to improve on the link colours and having now lightened the
backgrounds of the boxes the white text is harder to read.

Also increasing text sizes overflows in the boxes at the moment causing
a mess. I'll hide that for now but I'll seek a better solution before I
give up on it.

cheers,

Tom.

- www.bandnet.org