[OSM-talk] Navi GPS SD card woe, any advice?

Tom Chance tom at acrewoods.net
Fri Sep 22 15:21:24 BST 2006

Ahoy,

On Friday 22 September 2006 14:15, Adam Bower wrote:
> Right, further experimentation using just Linux has led me to discover a
> couple of things. Just dd'ing from /dev/zero onto the raw card and then
> formatting it in the navigps (the gps will complain bad card but will
> then format it) works on all my cards apart from one.

I tried it on three cards and they all failed :( One Jessops 512mb and one
Boots 512mb (both made by Toshiba), and one 32mb with the writing rubbed off.

Mind you I kept getting this when I tried to wipe them:
tom at tzujan ~ $ dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda
dd: writing to `/dev/sda': No space left on device
62722+0 records in
62721+0 records out
Segmentation fault

Regards,
Tom

--
The struggle against power is the struggle of memory against forgetting
 - Kundera