[OSM-talk] tagging segments - Was Re: Problems with Osmarender

Mon Sep 25 09:17:25 BST 2006

Andy wrote:

> [...]
> 1. Override a way characteristics for a short section (similar to
> David but
> also for other reasons, including in some cases property number
> information). I'm also conscious that unless we have a tool for
> splitting a
> way

There'll be such a tool in Potlatch v0.01 which is a way-only editor.

> [...]
> 2. Provide a visual means of noting where mapping has been done but
> more
> work is required, adding the street name and other attributes for
> instance,
> or for ways that are only partially complete

I guess for this, all we need is a clearly-agreed 'annotation' in Map
Features which the editors can then pick up on. Something like
status=untagged, or unfinished, or whatever.

cheers
Richard