[OSM-talk] Water

80n 80n80n at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 11:23:09 BST 2007

When a tile is rendered using Osmarender the data downloaded from the API
does not include the full extent of the lake.  Only those nodes and segments
that are within the bounding box are provided.

For this reason Osmarender is unable to fill the lake and cannot distinguish
the inside of the lake from the outside.  All it has is the nodes and
segments for a small part of the the lake shoreline.

The solution to this problem is to have the API give the option to download
all the nodes and segments for the complete way even if they are outside the
bounding box.  This would also be of benefit to JOSM which has a problem
with incomplete ways and has to resort to getting each node and segment
individually which is slow and probably inefficient.

80n