[OSM-talk] OpenStreetMap nominated for NetSquared Technology Innovation Fund award

80n 80n80n at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 11:38:18 BST 2007

OpenStreetMap has been nominated for a Technolgy Innovation Fund award from
NetSquared.

There are about 150 nominations and 20 of those will win awards.  The awards
are based on votes by the community, so please help by registering with
NetSquared and voting for the OpenStreetMap.

Voting opens later today and will only be open for a week, so don't put it
off.  The instructions for how to vote are here:

http://www.netsquared.org/projects/vote

Details of our proposal are here:
http://www.netsquared.org/projects/proposals/openstreetmap

The OpenStreetMap proposal is based around jump-starting OSM in North
America, firstly by solving the problem of getting TIGER/Line data imported,
and then by reinforcing the growth of an OSM community there.

One of the NetSquared advocates has included OpenStreetMap as number 2 in
his list of top proposals (http://www.netsquared.org/tags/slate) which is a
promising sign, but we do need everyone to vote, as competition will be
fierce.

Please vote.

80n

BTW I'd like to thank Andy Robinson and Andrew Turner for their help in
preparing the nomination.