[OSM-talk] JosmLint - Online map checker

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 22:00:42 BST 2007

On 4/9/07, John McKerrell <john at mckerrell.net> wrote:
> My dad seems to have a habit of making duplicate nodes in the same
> place, but JosmLint does not appear to pick up on this. Any chance
> you could add it in (I was thinking of adding something that stops
> him doing it, but something in JosmLint would help too for the
> existing ones).

Absolutely, I'm working on this. It's in fact one of the thing I
really want because it's fairly hard to spot manually (together with
duplicate segments and ways).

The thing is that the simple algorithm is N^2 which becomes very very
expensive even on a not so big map. So I'm working something better
but it's taking a little longer than I expected...

But yes, that's definitly on the list.

Have a nice day,