[OSM-talk] Islands

Lars Aronsson lars at aronsson.se
Sat Apr 14 11:45:04 BST 2007

Artem Pavlenko wrote:

> We don't really need all this crossing segments.

> Please, could you explain to me what's wrong with representing
> features like 'river with islands' as proper polygons (one
> exterior and n-interior rings) ? If you want just a small part
> of a bigger polygon for rendering use _clipping_.

How should I map a part of a river or a lake?  If I map a lake,
but don't have time to map the river flowing into and out of it,
don't I need to draw a crossing segment where the river enters the
lake?  Or should I just keep that open?

I have no problem mapping a part of a motorway.  I just do what I
find time to do, and leave the rest undone.

--
  Lars Aronsson (lars at aronsson.se)